Tuesday, March 17, 2009






Kylie Grace was born on July 27, 2003. She is such a joy for a child. Her nature is so sensative and reminds me all the time of myself. Kylie's name was uniquely found. We already knew we wanted "Grace", but the first name was the hard one to decide on. Jonathan returned home from Kuwait when I was seven months pregnant. All the names that we liked such as...Maddison, Mackenzie, etc...were too popular at the time. Can you imagine 3 children in the same Kindergarten class with the same name. I knew I wanted something unique and not normally heard. So as I just completed a book filled with baby names and not finding a one...I just so happened to have the channel on MTV. ALL of a SUDDEN...KYLIE MONOGUE came on the t.v. They were mentioning her come-back in singing from the 80's. So then it hit me like a ton of bricks! "KYLIE"!!! I like it! NO one else has it and it's adorable. Naturally...my family had to make it like her name was impossible to pronounce and asked why I didn't choose something "normal". Now...everywhere you look there is a Kylie, Kaylee, Kyra, Keelee, etc. Needless to say the uniqueness of the name has left, but she is definately a wonderful person and her name fits her beautifully.

Today...Kylie is a Kindergartener and she's getting smarter and smarter each day. We get so tickeled at her and some of the things she has come up with. Right now she is trying to tackel the act of riding a bicycle. Although we had 3 spills yesterday and tears fell, my baby got right back on there and kept trying! I just told her it's part of riding a bike and mommy and daddy fell too! (shhh...don't tell) But I don't know if I could ride a bike now if I wanted to. LOL Anyway...I hope this blog offers you the chance to see the amuzing and talented and beautiful first daughter of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment